Sunday, June 29, 2008

First Timer

So I really haven't blogged. There have been a few posts on myspace and i did have a diaryland account. So, we'll see how this goes.....
Just celebrated our one year anniversary we went to South Dakota (where we were married). It was so nice to get out on the road (with no airconditioning and no radio:)). We really had a good time we camped near Sylvan Lake and then stayed in Hill City and went to Deadwood and Crazy Horse. The Needles highway is so beautiful. We went to three waterfalls and to the Stavkirke church where we were married and visited with family. It was the best vacation ever, one of the ones where you don't keep track of time and you come home and wonder why or how you spent all the money you did.



The Cutests Butts Ever!!

This was on our hike to Little Devils Tower.

Skylar was invincible running up and down the cliffs and crevises in the rocks. It was scary but worth the effort because the top was beautiful.







This is Sylvan Lake it is one of our favorites because of the crystal clear water and the giant boulders just scattered around the perimeter.








This was our favorite lake, Bismark Lake we walked all the way around it. Even thru the marshes where i got some sort of rash on my foot.




We went to the Crazy Horse Monument it's pretty cool how far they've come with no federal government funding. Especially funny when Korzak explained how BUDA would go kaput, kaput, kaput.





Spearfish Falls, dogs not allowed ;)





Roughlock Falls



When we were younger we could go into the falls and behind it and cross the river, now they have it all sectioned off so you can enjoy it from a distance and they won't be havin any lawsuits :)











This is Devils Bathtub. I haven't been there for a long long time and I just somehow remembered how to get there for some reason. We used to slide down the rocks into the deep pool. It was so cool to see again. It's too bad i didn't listen to Tom to bring our swimming suits.






This is the church we were married in.

Tom looks awesome as a viking!








Another highlight of our trip was visiting the family.

It was so sad to leave the family and freedom from work and everyday stresses. But Skylar was ready.
And that is our trip in nutshell I'm sure i left stuff out but this blogging thing isn't as easy as it looks.












2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Looks like fun! I'm excited to go hiking with you and Brooke tomorrow. Woot woot!

kEnZiE b said...

You have a blog!! I had no idea!! How have you guys been?? I can't believe you had your 1 yr. anniversary, that's so awesome!! Email me the login email that you use and I'll send ya an invite to my blog!! We've had a few changes recently, I went back to work full time and we moved to Nephi!! I hope you're good, I miss you tons!! We should try to get together and go camping or something!!